Wednesday, March 17, 2010

REST IN PEACE SUMI WE WILL MISS YOU

It is with a saddened heart that I report to you that Sumi Kanno (our own feisty mascot at Stampin' from the Heart) has passed away. She was 91-2/3 (according to daughter Laura) and she passed away in her sleep on Saturday, March 13, 2010. Our condolences to Laura Kanno and her brothers and other relatives. Sumi was such a part of the shop, she always wanted to help and we could never get her to craft--she always said she did that in the home she stayed in when she was little. Always a smile and all over the shop. Sumi you are loved and we will miss you--Rest in Peace--

6 comments:

Kelly Kilmer said...

Oh no. Such sad news. I hope she wasn't in any pain. Sending much love to Laura at this most difficult time.

Stampmaiden said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sumi used to park herself near my table and help organize my supplies. LOL! Always so helpful. I'll surely miss seeing her.
Sending big hugs to you, Laura. You were an excellent daughter.
Linda

Karen Mitchell said...

I didn't know her name but I knew her face wherever I went and I would see her (Sumi) and Laura different places.
Note to Laura

Your loved one Sumi has moved on to a higher place where pain and suffering are soon forgotten
Where the troubles in this life are soon forgotten
But the love and kindness she knew from you Laura
will never be forgotten and will last for Eternity

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Karen Mitchell

rscoach said...

So sorry to hear this - I always enjoyed Sumi telling me stories or just listening to her comments - sending condolences, thoughts and prayers to Laura and her family - Reva

Anonymous said...

Thank You for your heartfelt words.She is missed!
Janelle Kanno ( Granddaughter)

Anonymous said...

To all of my stamping friends:

Thank you for your wonderful cards and words of condolence on the passing of my mom, Sumi.


Laura Kanno