Sunday, July 10, 2011

Come Join Us this Weekend & Take a Class (7/15-7/17)

Friday, July 15 - A Beautiful Life Journal with Kelly Killer from 11:30 - 3:30. Cost is $70.00. What do you get when you combine paper, ribbon, glue and a little special somethin’ something? A soft covered (but extremely durable), quickly stitched and totally made by your own hands journal! You will learn not only how to create your own Beautiful Life Journal but you will discover how to successfully blend color, texture and imagery together onto the pages of your book. You’ll create luscious layers that combine rich, personal imagery with colorful, textured bits of paper ephemera. I’ll dig deep into my bag of tricks for this class, unearthing and sharing what I know to be the key to creating unique, personal journal pages that you will love! Supply list: Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels, permanent black inkpad, container to hold water, 1" brushes to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks, bottle of tacky glue.

Friday, July 15
- New Generation Craft with Laura Cesareo from 6:30 - 8:30. Cost is $10.00. Age group 35 and under. The objective is to introduce stamping and craft to a younger generation. All ages are


Saturday, July 16 - Asian Infused Memory Keepsake with Linda Forrest from 10:30 - 3:30. Cost is $55.00.  In this workshop you'll be creating a Memory Keepsake with Asian flair that you can display in your home or present as a gift. Pictures are what make this keepsake personal and we will embellish pages that showcase memories from your past and present.  What a great gift this would make, if you could part with it!

Please bring the following items for this workshop:  A glue stick, sharp scissors for any necessary trimming, an Xacto Knife for the transfer of sparkly sticker dots, and most importantly, pictures that have been sized down to wallet size photos or smaller.  There will be temporary adhesive on hand if you'd like to add your photos at home. Don't let "Carmageddon" influence your decision to stay home.  Come out and join us for a wonderful day of art play! 
Sunday, July 17 - Content: The Artist’s Life with Kelly Kilmer from 12:30 - 4:40. Cost is $70. Create a uniquely stitched tape covered, content filled journal using my favorite cardstock, paper ephemera, a plethora of deco tape, needle and thread. I quickly fell in love with this journal and carried it with me everywhere last summer as it is small enough for every day, on the go use. I loved how I could slip it in a Ziploc bag with a glue stick, some collage ephemera and a handful of pens. I worked on it every day, everywhere. You will learn how to blend and layer colorful ephemera and that leaving a little white space is good! This journal is definitely one of my most favorite books that I have ever worked in. I loved learning how to work with the open spaces on the pages, using pens, stencils, stickers and more. I can’t wait to share what I’ve learned with you! I guarantee you will love this journal as much as I did! Supply list: Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels, permanent black inkpad, container to hold water, 1" brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks.



No comments: