Sunday, April 18, 2010

EXTRAVAGANZA FUN IS OVER


For those of you who missed it, we had an absolutely fun day yesterday as shown here by one of our teachers, Ms Gayle Smith. Many of my pictures were blurred or slightly blurred but we don't want to lose them so I'm posting anyway.

Keep a watch for other pictures coming your way. Gayle's class was fabric flower pins and were phenomenal--all 16 of our ladies went home with these wonderful flower pins. I will be featuring each of our teachers over the next little while. But Gayle's infectious grin is the one I chose to start with--I will try and get a picture of each of the teachers projects and post them when I do the feature of that teacher. Right now I have no pictures of the projects--teachers, if you have a picture of your project, please send it to me so I can post for all to see.

For those that asked for the recipes of yesterday, I will post one every so often so if you keep watch you will have them all. We are starting with our Strawberry Green Salad

  • 1-2 heads of lettuce (romaine and red)
  • 12 oz. toasted slivered almonds
  • 2 pints of strawberries.
Dressing: (I usually double the recipe)
  • 1 cups of mayonnaise
  • 2 TBSP honey ginger vinegar (or any kind, I used pear infused vinegar)
  • 1/4 cup milk (I used evaporated)
  • 1-cup sugar (I used Splenda--you can use all sugar, all Splenda or a combination of both)
  • 1 tsp. poppy seeds

Wash lettuce and strawberries. Tear lettuce, slice strawberries. Spread almonds on a cookie sheet and bake them at 375o for about 5 minutes. Cool almonds. Mix all salad ingredients together. Mix dressing ingredients together and pour over salad JUST BEFORE serving.

Any questions, please post them to the blog or email me.

And now I want to introduce you to Stampin' from the Heart's personal security the one that let all the ladies have fun but kept them in order so they didn't get too out of hand. She looks gentle as a lamb, but don't get out of order in her presence, she can be feisty. Our very own Mrs. Jackson!





More pictures and notes to come, keep watching. Thanks to all our wonderful teachers and you great students that took the Extravaganza.















No comments: